Liaison statement from SC 29

Alex Brown alexb at griffinbrown.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 12:32:54 CET 2010

Dear all,

Your attention is drawn to SC 34 N 1533 ( http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/def/1533.pdf ), which is a liaison statement from SC 29/WG 11 on our Zip work (it merely thanks SC 34 for the Tokyo response and requests that we keep them updated).

Since SC 34 undertook to evaluate SC 29/WG 11's requirements as part of the "Zip" study activity, I have added what I hope is a fair summary to our "problem statement" on the Wiki.

Relatedly, there is some talk in EPUB circles of creating a linking specification which (in part) deals with the issue of addressing into a "Zip" archive (see for example http://blog.threepress.org/2010/10/21/developing-an-epub-linking-spec/ ).  It would good if any efforts in this area are coordinated ...

- Alex.