UTF-8 in ZIP

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Wed Nov 3 18:47:05 CET 2010

+1 on this part, with no reservations.  I think this is exactly the job for
finding a profile that serves those of us interested in having a common
substrate/carrier for packaging multi-component document representations.

That is all I meant, not that long ago, in speaking of a Zip/D (by analogy
with PDF/A as a profile of PDF).

(Well, I can conceive of not having 100% interoperability with some oddball
implementation for another purpose, or that has some bizarre file-system
characteristics that it expects to be reflected in the Zip directory names
for files, but such deviations are always conceivable.)

 - Dennis