DR-08-00075 (Was: Re: DR-09-0029: WML, Custom XML and SmartTags: Specification for Validation Lacking)

Caroline Arms caar at loc.gov
Wed Apr 22 22:48:26 CEST 2009

Shawn,

Do you think it would be useful to supply an example reason why doNotValidateAgainstSchema might be set to advise against validation?  This complicating factor has been introduced into the appendix by your suggested text.

I would probably change "An application can employ any desired method" to "An application can employ any suitable method."

   Caroline

Caroline Arms
Library of Congress Contractor
Co-compiler of Sustainability of Digital Formats resource
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/

** Views expressed are personal and not necessarily those of the institution **
>>> Shawn Villaron <shawnv at microsoft.com> 04/22/09 4:21 PM >>>
Great; thanks.  I hadn't read that far into the defect report log.

FYI. Jirka refers to "DR-09-0156:WML: XSLT Transformation Error in Example"