DR-09-0029: WML, Custom XML and Smart Tags: Specification for Validation Lacking

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Wed Apr 22 22:03:58 CEST 2009

Shawn Villaron wrote:

> The informative Annex F for Part 1 currently demonstrates how to extract the custom XML from a document. To address this concern, the following text will be appended to that Annex:
> Once this information is extracted, the resulting custom markup + text can be validated separately from the document.

I would prefer less ambiguous wording like:

"Once this custom markup is extracted, the resulting XML document  can
be validated separately from the WordprocessingML document."

>  *   Locate the schema element (section 23.2.1) in the Document Settings part whose uri attribute matches the root namespace of the custom markup.

... matches the namespace of root element in the XML document extracted
from custom XML markup

				Jirka

BTW, the current XSLT code for extraction is slightly broken, so don't
look at it ;-) This is already covered in another DR.

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz