DR-09-0029: WML, Custom XML and Smart Tags: Specification for Validation Lacking

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Apr 23 04:48:01 CEST 2009

Shawn,

Thank you for providing the text.

I am thinking about the differences between custom schema lookup
for WML and that for SML.  In my understanding, custom schema lookup
for SML always uses  Schema elements within the MapInfo element,
while that for WML references to a schema by specifying an external
location.  A note about this difference might help.

BTW, I find that 29500 specifies almost nothing about the values of the
schemaLocation attribute.  Can it a be an absolute IRI or relative IRI
reference?  Are fragment identifiers allowed?  I do believe that
non-ASCII characters (i.e., IRIs) are allowed.  I will submit another
DR for this.

Makoto <EB2M-MRT at asahi-net.or.jp>