DR-08-0014: Shared MLs, Shared Simple Types: ST_String example description error

Shawn Villaron shawnv at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 30 17:04:11 CEST 2009

In today's teleconference, we agreed to one more change to this text ( highlighted ), which is as follows:

22.9.2.13 ST_String (String)
This simple type specifies that its contents contains a string. The contents of this string are interpreted based on
the context of the parent XML element.

[Example: Consider the following WordprocessingML fragment:

<w:pPr>
        <w:pStyle w:val="heading1" />
</w:pPr>

The value of the val attribute is the ID of the associated paragraph style's styleId. However, consider the
following fragment:

<w:sdtPr>
        <w:alias w:val="SDT Title Example" />
</w:sdtPr>

In this case, the decimal number in the val attribute is the caption of the parent structured document tag. In
each case, the value is of type ST_String, and therefore must be interpreted in the context of the parent
element. end example]

This simple type's contents are a restriction of the W3C XML Schema string datatype.

It was concluded that, with this new change, we would move this response to LAST CALL.

Thanks,

shawn

In the interest of making progress on the other DRs, let's make the following change to 22.9.2.13:

[...]

I believe that these changes will resolve all of the discussions we've had thus far on the reflector.  Perhaps we can move this defect report to last call?

Thanks,

shawn