DR-09-0070: PML, Presentation: modifyVerifer password length

Shawn Villaron shawnv at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Feb 18 06:22:53 CET 2009

Thanks.  I was wondering if we should add an additional constraint regarding the number of octets.  For example, what do we think about this text:

The password supplied to the algorithm is to be a UTF-16LE encoded string; strings longer than 510 octets are truncated to 510 octets. Further, the number of octets should be evenly divisible by the size of the octets of the character in the target octet set.  If there is a leading BOM character (U+FEFF) in the encoded password it is removed before hash calculation.

Does this add any value?

Thanks,

shawn