[SPAM] Re: Question regarding DR 09-0216

Horton, Gareth horton at datawatch.com
Wed Jul 1 17:41:26 CEST 2009

Mohamed,

We are using Custom XML – the whole thing is in the bailiwick of the implementer.

You may have an Innovimax HyperWordProcessingML schema that you have sweated over, which you use as the basis for a custom XML fragment.

In this HyperWordProcessingML schema, you have a construct and element name called paragraph, but it is nothing like a paragraph in OOXML.

For reasons known only to Innovimax, if the text in this paragraph does not start with the string “Mohamed agrees” then it is invalid against the schema.

Your app that consumes OOXML packages validates the custom XML and puts the packages that do not contain a paragraph beginning with “Mohamed agrees” into a specific folder, so they can be reviewed by Mohamed.

A slightly silly example, but hopefully helpful.

Gareth