WG4's handling of DR-09-0248 - General: Removing the need for qualifiers on attributes in Strict

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Jul 4 06:31:09 CEST 2009

Not wearing my convenor hat, let me report some more findings.

If my understanding is correct, the definition of any other qualified
attribute explicitly shows the namespace name as well as the local name
in the left column.  Only the definitions of those qualified attributes
in WML and the qualified attributes I mentioned in my mail (July the 2nd)
fail to show namespace names in the left column.  In other words, apart
from the schemas and examples, nothing in Part 1 indicates that these
attributes are qualified.

In the case of ds:itemID, the schema indicates this attribute belongs
to "http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/customXml",
but the example in the right column of the attribute definition contains
w:itemID.  In the other examples, this attribute always appears as
ds:itemID.