[SPAM] Re: Input from Switzerland (CH) re WG4's processing of CH's DRs 08-0012, 08-0013, and 08-0014

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Jun 13 11:16:24 CEST 2009

Dear colleagues,

> That may explain the rather hard line position, which I read as changing
> ALL namespaces, both within S & T.

Although I appreciate comments from Switzerland, I am concerned about
the process.

Being the submitter of the original DR does not guarantee any special
status.  Let alone the right to veto.  WG4 is not obliged to accept
or respond to informal comments from the original submitter.  If some MB
is interested in what WG4 is doing, the best approach is to join WG4 and
participate in discussions.  If the MB does not, its only official
chance is the ballot.

I insist because I do not want to impose further burdens on those who
actively participate in discussions in WG4.

(Nevertheless, for this particular case, I believe that the upcoming
FPDAM should provide rationales for our decision.)

Regards,

SC34/WG4 Convenor
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)