Version not enough? re WG4's processing of CH's DRs 08-0012, 08-0013, and 08-0014

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Jun 13 11:35:16 CEST 2009

Rick,

The editing history is certainly an interesting option and
there might be some precedents.

However, I do not think that the version attribute blocks future
adoption of the editing history .  Even if we introduce the
version attribute now, we can certainly introduce the editing
history later.  Moreover, the editing history list does not
make the version attribute unnecessary, since the latest editing
action might not touch everthing in a given OOXML document.

It is probably a good idea to introduce a very simple attribute
for distingushing Ecma 1st edition and 29500 without trying to
solve all problems about versioning now.

We should have prepared very well from the beginning, but we
have not.  I believe that we should publish the FPDAMs in a
timely manner.

Regards,

SC34/WG4 Convenor
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)