Alignment with ISO Open Font. (Formatted) was Re: DR 09-0052: SML, Styles: family attribute range issue

Shawn Villaron shawnv at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 15 18:13:57 CEST 2009

That seems like the right compromise.  Here is the updated text:

DR 09-0052 - SML, Styles: family attribute range issue
Part 1, §18.8.18 will be updated as follows:
18.8.18          family (Font Family)
The font family this font belongs to. A font family is a set of fonts having common stroke width and serif characteristics. This is system level font information. The font name overrides when there are conflicting values.
Value

Font Family

0

Not applicable.

1

Roman

2

Swiss

3

Modern

4

Script

5

Decorative

Parent Elements

font (§Error! Reference source not found.); rPr (§Error! Reference source not found.)

Attributes

Description

val (Value)

The font family this font belongs to value of an integer, where each value corresponds to a different character set.  This attribute is restricted to values ranging from 0 to 255.

The possible values for this attribute are defined by the ST_FontFamily simple typeW3C XML Schema int datatype.

[Note: The W3C XML Schema definition of this element's content model (CT_IntPropertyCT_FontFamily) is located in §Error! Reference source not found... end note]
Part 1, §18.18 will be updated as follows:
18.18.x  ST_FontFamily (Font Family)
This simple type specifies a font family. A font family is a set of fonts having common stroke width and serif characteristics. This is system level font information.
This simple type's contents are a restriction of the W3C XML Schema unsignedInt datatype.
This simple type is restricted to the values listed in the following table:
Value

Font Family

0

Not applicable.

1

Roman

2

Swiss

3

Modern

4

Script

5

Decorative

6

Reserved for future use

7

Reserved for future use

8

Reserved for future use

9

Reserved for future use

10

Reserved for future use

11

Reserved for future use

12

Reserved for future use

13

Reserved for future use

14

Reserved for future use

Referenced By

fontFamily at val (§Error! Reference source not found.8.18)

[Note: The W3C XML Schema definition of this simple type's content model (ST_FontFamily) is located in §Error! Reference source not found.. end note]
Part 1, Schema Change Required

          <xsd:element name="family" type=" CT_IntPropertyCT_FontFamily" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

   <xsd:complexType name="CT_FontFamily">

       <xsd:attribute name="val" type="ST_FontFamily" use="required"/>

   </xsd:complexType>

   <xsd:simpleType name="ST_FontFamily">

       <xsd:restriction base="xsd:integer">

          <xsd:minInclusive value="0"/>