What is a character? What is the right term?

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Jun 25 10:22:47 CEST 2009

I do not think that a character is a Unicode scalar value, so I do not
support your suggestion.  But I agree that "Unicode scalar value" is
irritating even for us.  It would be nice if we can put  a note for
non-normatively
explaining this term.  Are you willing to provide a proposal?  If lucky, WG4 can
agree to incorporate in the DCOR in the upcoming phone conferences.  If not,
I will make sure that Japan will make a comment on this term and propose
the note.

Cheers,
Makoto<EB2M-MRT at asahi-net.or.jp