DR-08-0012 Namespace Mapping Table v2

Jesper Lund Stocholm jesper.stocholm at ciber.dk
Mon May 25 08:43:58 CEST 2009

Rick,

Yes, that is correct. Namespaces for OPC, MCE and schemas used by Part 4
will not be changed.

I do value your input and I welcome you to the list even though you are
a bit late to the party -  but I am a bit uneasy/nervous about your
comment regarding the NBs of SC34 not approving changing namespaces for
strict files. It is not my feeling that there is an general opposition
to this in SC34 at the moment, but maybe my view is coloured by me being
in WG4. I think the decision is technically the correct one and it
makes, to me, a lot of sense for implementers to have this clear
distinction between transitional and strict files. To me this is not
simply something we thought we should do because "we can" - it is an
action taken by us to correct something that should have been thought
about in the DIS29500-process. Do you really think that the NBs will
vote this one down?

I also agree with you that we should do as much as we can to explain our
motivations for doing this drastic change.

:o)

Jesper Lund Stocholm
ciber Danmark A/S