DR 09-0205: WML: Definition of "round tripping" missing

Shawn Villaron shawnv at microsoft.com
Fri May 29 16:13:04 CEST 2009

Nature of the Defect:
Para 2 begins "For these scenarios, multiple facilities are provided for the insertion and round-tripping of customer defined semantics within a WordprocessingML document."

The technical term "round-tripping" is never defined in the standard.

Here is the proposed response for this DR:

Round-tripping is inappropriate, as it defines application behavior. This paragraph should only mention markup semantics.

The exact changes are as follows:

For these scenarios, multiple facilities are provided for the insertion and round-tripping inclusion of customer defined semantics within a WordprocessingML document.
I've like to suggest that we move this to LAST CALL.

shawn