DR 09-0211: WML: Custom XML and Smart Tags

Alex Brown alexb at griffinbrown.co.uk
Fri May 29 17:39:44 CEST 2009

I think this general question about whether Smart Tags are meant to
imply XML, is related to comment #08-00131.

Since the Standard states:

"The distinction between custom XML markup and smart tags is that custom
XML markup is based on a specified schema."

Then, if that is the *only* difference, it currently must be that smart
tags should always map exactly to well-formed XML content.

- Alex.