The future of "Transitional": Japanese concern

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Thu Nov 19 17:41:59 CET 2009

Murata-san

I agree that meeting the needs of users should be a paramount concern. We
have to find ways of meeting the needs of users, while at the same time
preserving a consistent and coherent view of what the standard does or does
not contain.

The question is not whether or not to add these features, but whether or not
add them to T. Clearly these features will be added to S and therefore to
Part 1. I think that our concern is essentially with the definition of T and
its relationship with S. Assuming we can reach agreement on this, I don't
think there will be any particular difficulty in deciding how to add new
features of all kinds, provided there is a clear user requirement for them.

Regards,

Francis