Establishing a naming convention (such as "+opczip") for specialized media types derived from OPC

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Oct 2 05:11:35 CEST 2009

Folks,

The naming convention +xml is documented in RFC 3023, which is a
Proposed Standard of IETF.

After that, two naming convensions have been introduced.  They
are +fastinfoset and +wbxml.  I am not aware of any documents
that describe these naming conventions.  However,
application/fastinfoset and application/vnd.wap.wbxml are documented in
the following documents.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/fastinfoset
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/vnd.wap-wbxml

Example media types following these naming conventions include
pplication/soap+fastinfoset.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/soap+fastinfoset

We might want to submit three media type proposals (DOCX, XSLX, and PPTX)
using the +opczip convention and see what happens.