User engagement and PR

Innovimax SARL innovimax at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 12:25:59 CEST 2009

Dear Muarata San,

Let me phrases some of your point differently

== National bodies ==

JTC 1/SC 34/WG 4 involves national bodies, it means the implementer
have to cope with their national bodies FIRST OF ALL before being
involved in WG 4
My understanding (and I think people here will confirm this), many
implementors are represented in the mirror committee of SC 34 in many
countries (it is the case for France)
So probably the problem is not representativity by itself, but
permeability of those representative to access WG 4

It should be interesting that we dress up a list of representative of
people involved in "mirror" committees and then try to "help" those
people to participate

I myself try to make more small business companies being involved in
the French mirror committee, since a recent law make now this free for
them to participate (nonwithstanding the price of the time, effort and
travel that remains)

== Readable archive of the mailing list ==

So now let's spot a real problem : the archive of the mailing list are
not readable so few people participate. I already experienced this in
CSS WG. So I think we FIRST need to solve this issue in order to move
forward

== New open to public mailing list ==
Could we create something like e-SC34-WG4-public mailing list where we
could discuss thing with people and push some general discussion in
there

I think this will help people keeping in touch with what we do

== Status of participant ==
What would be the status of people participating to WG4 that HAVE NOT
BEEN SENT by there national Body ? How can we ensure IP ?

Regards,

Mohamed

--
Innovimax SARL