Agenda for Paris Meeting

Shawn Villaron shawnv at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 23 20:21:08 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I was just reviewing the proposed agenda for the Paris meeting so that I can ensure I allocate resources here properly to that I'm prepared for the topics.  I noticed the agenda is currently listed as follows based on ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 N 1294 rev.1:

Draft agenda
1.      Opening - 2009-12-01 09:00
2.      Roll Call of Delegates
3.      Adoption of the Agenda
4.      Approval of the Minutes of the Last Teleconference
o    Review of action items
5.      Defect Reports
6.      The Relationship between "Transitional" and "Strict"
7.      Environments for Maintaining Schemas
8.      Public Relations
9.      Comment Disposition for the DCOR ballots (N1247,N1248, N1249, and N1252)
10.  Planning for Future Projects
o    Technical differences between ECMA-376: 2006 and ISO/IEC 29500: 2008 (SC34 N1202 and SC34 N1234 )
o    Attribute unqualification
o    ISO dates
o    CORs and AMs for the rest of the defect reports
o    Amendments .vs. Revisions
11.  Any other business
12.  Closing - 2009-12-03 17:00
I'm wondering if this agenda is truly in order of the priority of our work.  For example, after reviewing my notes from our last face to face meeting in Seattle, that we'd prioritize things this way:

Proposed Draft agenda
1.      Opening - 2009-12-01 09:00
2.      Roll Call of Delegates
3.      Adoption of the Agenda
4.      Approval of the Minutes of the Last Teleconference
o    Review of action items
5.      Comment Disposition for the DCOR ballots (N1247,N1248, N1249, and N1252)
6.      ISO 8601 Dates
7.      Attribute Unqualification
8.      The Relationship between "Transitional" and "Strict"
9.      Defect Reports
10.  Environments for Maintaining Schemas
11.  Public Relations
12.  Planning for Future Projects
o    Technical differences between ECMA-376: 2006 and ISO/IEC 29500: 2008 (SC34 N1202 and SC34 N1234 )
o    CORs and AMs for the rest of the defect reports
o    Amendments .vs. Revisions
13.  Any other business
14.  Closing - 2009-12-03 17:00
In short, I believe that our Comment Disposition is the most important activity we have; this is followed in importance with the work that the UK is leading regarding ISO 8601 dates and the Czech issue related to attribute unqualification.

Perhaps we could chat about this in our next phone call?

Thanks,

shawn