Issues around DR 09-0216

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Apr 22 05:02:49 CEST 2010

Dear colleagues,

There are two technical issues, and an editorial issue (the use of "can", "may", "should",
and "shall") around this DR.  Here I concentrate on technical issues.

T1) Is validity required?

In my understanding, everybody believes that validity against the custom
schema should not be required.  Rather, invalidity should be allowed.

T2) PSVI?

Should we allow validators to introduce default values and other PSVI to document.xml?
Alex clearly does not want to allow information set contribution, and
quite a few members of WG1 appear to agree.  I do not yet know if Shawn, Doug,
and Chris agree.

Regards,

SC34/WG4 Convenor
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)