DR 10-0021 — General: "null" namespace in examples

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 3 21:52:08 CEST 2010

http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2010/DR-10-0021.docx

No rest for the wicked. This one covers the erroneous assigning of prefixes to the "" namespace in several examples in Part 1. It looks like the easiest solution is to map these to "...", as is done in all of the other examples. I realise that's not producing any more valid XML than the current situation, but it's at least clearer what's intended and it saves pasting large swathes of namespace text into all of the examples.

Thoughts appreciated - we should also probably schedule this for discussion on the next WG4 call.