DR 09-0293 — OPC: pack URI scheme

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 16 23:13:32 CEST 2010

http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2009/DR-09-0293.docx

This DR covers the registration of an OPC pack URI scheme with IANA. According to the DR, there is a draft scheme registered for ECMA-376 but there's nothing for IS 29500.

I'm a little unfamiliar with the field here, but I am not sure this counts as a defect in the IS 29500 standard. I'm not sure of the benefits or disadvantages of registering a URI scheme with IANA - if we do not do this, what will happen?

Either way, we should probably discuss this on the call to work out how we should best progress.