DR 09-0167 — SML: Embedded Control Persistence Part Media Type

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 25 20:10:00 CEST 2010

http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2009/DR-09-0167.docx

This DR covers the media type "application/vnd.ms-office.activeX+xml" which is mentioned informatively in 15.2.9 but not normatively documented.

I believe this is deliberate - this part is application-dependent and can contain anything supported by that application. application/vnd.ms-office.activeX+xml is used by various MS Office apps to store ActiveX controls but, as the prose mentions, another application could use another embedded object technology (KParts, Bonobo, etc).

I think we should leave this in informative text - if the text is confusing, we could add some clarification (I might suggest changing "Any supported control type" to "Any control type supported by the consuming application").