DR 09-0099 - SML: No Normative References or Definitions for "MDX" and "OLAP"

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 26 00:11:51 CEST 2010

Hello Francis - many thanks for taking a look at this. Your definitions are a lot better than mine. I think the OLAP one is pretty clear now - I'd agree that the MDX one is still a little vague but unfortunately I think that's the nature of the beast - the "MDX" expressions in IS 29500 are not there to be processed by the spreadsheet application itself, they're just to be passed on to an OLAP data provider that the spreadsheet application connects to via any means it chooses.

We should discuss this DR in Tokyo - I've attached a new version of my faux-tracked-changes document using Mr Cave's definitions.