DR 09-0313 and 09-0314 — Shared MLs: application/x-font(\-ttf|data) needs an improved definition

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 3 19:14:13 CET 2010

http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2009/DR-09-0313.docx
http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2009/DR-09-0314.docx

Hi all - these DRs are rather vaguely worded. In fact, here's the entire content of one of them:

   Nature of the Defect: The current definition of application/x-font-ttf is insufficient and needs improvement.

Normally in these circumstances I contact the submitter to find some more information. So I looked at the submitter field:

   Contact Information: shawnv at microsoft.com

I have managed to track down this errant submitter. All that this "Mr Villaron" can remember is that he logged them on behalf of Murata-san and that WG4 were intending getting to them shortly afterwards. My guess is that these are actually covered by the other font DRs covering the difference between the various TrueType/OpenType variants, and where obfuscation should be applied.

Unless Murata-san can remember the details, I propose that we close these DRs without action. The submitter concurs.