DR 10-0036 — WML: Context-dependent content models not clearly documented

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 9 04:56:45 CET 2010

http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2010/DR-10-0036.docx

This DR regards documentation of elements which can appear in multiple places in the prose. The DR itself concerns docPart, but I'm also going to use Murata-san's magic F# to find the other places this should go. However, before I go and make all these changes I would like us to agree on the wording of the various notes. My current thinking is:

17.5.2.9 docPart (Document Part Reference)
[Note: the docPart element may appear in more than one context – this description pertains to docPart when its immediate parent is placeholder. end note]

This text would appear in the description of any ambiguous attribute or element, and obviously with the correct styles applied.

Any comments on this text, before I make the rest of the changes?