Proposed Response to FPDAM Part 1 BR-0001, et al

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Feb 4 15:23:57 CET 2010

> I'm still baffled why we're afraid to take a position here.  We're willing to take lots
>of strong positions elsewhere.  Why are we scared when it comes to
>"versioning?"

MBs correctly pointed out our mechanism are not good enough for
distuinguishing T and 1st edition Ecma 376.  They are right.  But we
nevertheless did not provide any mechanisms.  We have to explain
why.

I think that the existence of other mechanisms for versioning and
extensibility is a red herring.  After all, they do not help to
distinguish T and 1st edition Ecma 376.