FYI: Extracting attribute definitions from the docx documents representing Ecma-376-2

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Feb 10 11:28:08 CET 2010

Dear colleagues,

You might be surprised by my thorough review of the attributes that specify
identifiers of relationships.   Actually, from the original 29500, I
created tiny documents containing attribute definitions only.  This
is done by creating a simple XSLT stylesheet as attached.  I guess
that this technique is useful for other purposes as well.

The steps for creating such tiny documents are as follows:

1) Use the docx files in WG4 N0019 and WG4 N0016, which are
    available in the Ecma WG4 site, as inputs.

2) Use the unzip command for extracting word/document.xml

3) Apply the attached stylesheet for generating new document.xml.

4) Use the zip command for embedding the new document.xml
   in the docx files

5) Open the modified docx files and save them again using MS Office