Child element tables in Part 1 not updated by Part 4

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Feb 17 05:21:47 CET 2010

While reviewing the FDAM drafts, I noticed this problem.

Part 4 defines T-specific elements, and they are often allowed as
children of elements defined in Part 1.  However, Part 4 does not
update the tables indicating child elements for such parent elements.
Here are two examples: (1) left (Part 4, 10.4.1) and right (Part 4,
10.4.2) have border (Part 1, 18.8.4) as parent, but the children table
for border in Part 1 does not have left or right as children; and (2)
htmlPubPr (Part 4, 11.2.1 ) and webPr (Part 4, 11.2.1.2) have
presentationPr (Part 1, 19.2.1.27) as parent, but the children table
for presentationPr does not have htmlPubPr or webPr as
children.

Since XSD schemas are normative, I think that we should simply remove
these tables, and that we should generate equivalent information from
the schemas and publish it on the Web.