stylesWithEffects / musings ?

Alex Brown alexb at griffinbrown.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 09:38:27 CET 2010

Doug hi

In my understanding:

Although the document does designate a couple of Namespaces as ignorable, no content in the document has those Namespaces and so MCE pre-processing has no effect for those Namespaces.

The document is invalid if we apply the wml.xsd schema (T), since that schema does not permit the mc:Ignorable attribute to occur (but perhaps if we follow the - informative - preprocessing description in Part 3 clause 13 this attribute is removed; the wording is not clear).

Murata-san believes such extensions are "anything goes" documents. I think that's right - but am unsettled by the idea that we have no control over "our" Namespaces.

So do we want to modify the spec to outlaw tampering with "our" Namespaces (even after MCE processing, assuming we can get that sorted out too)?

For the purposes of conformance testing, I think any document that exists in the package which is not formally referenced via a known Relationship Type, should NOT be validated - even if we think we know what it is (from its Namespace).

- Alex.