Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Wed Jan 20 16:30:40 CET 2010

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) wrote:

> 2) Drop the union (Jirka)
>
> Using union of single type adds excessive complexity to the schema,
> and makes OOXML object model more complex in databinding tools.
>
> Dropping union from strict schemas does not block "merged" schemas or
> automatic generation of strict schemas and transitional ones.
> We only have to add one simple additional step to turn singleton unions
> into xs:restriction.

Murata-san, thanks for nice summary. I just want to add that if we
decide to go "drop the union" way I'm willing to create and maintain
respective part of schema generation toolchain which will automatically
make such change in schemas.

			Jirka

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz