Generating a master set of schemas from the published Strict and Transitional schemas

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Wed Jan 20 17:15:42 CET 2010

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) wrote:

> Are such master schemas good for something?  First, when the same change
> has to be applied to both T and S schemas, we can change the master
> schema only once and generate two schemas.  Second, it becomes very
> easy to compare T and S schemas.

Indeed, I think it is very useful. Without it schema maintenance would
be more pain.

> I have not considered RELAX NG schemas yet.

What is the current situation. Are they manually synchronized with XSDs
or are they generated automatically? I think that goal should be to
generate them automatically from XSDs (or vice versa). Although it would
require adding more annotations to schema -- for example to handle
recent (r|ref) change in RELAX NG schemas only.

The real question now is to whether I should learn F# or Scala. ;-D

Have a nice day,

			Jirka

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz