Proposed Response to FPDAM Part 1 BR-0001, et al

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Tue Jan 26 02:09:35 CET 2010

Murata-san wrote:

> I do not think that we have spent a lot of time on versioning.  We
> spent
> a few hours in Denmark, and that's all.

This is simply not true!

As you all know, the Defect Report log not only contains each DR as
submitted, it also contains all the relevant information about discussions
on the DR that took place at the face-to-face meetings and teleconferences
(as recorded in the minutes) and from relevant mail to this email list.

If you go to the DR log and look at DR 08-0012, "Schemas: Supposedly
incorrect schema namespace names", which was submitted by CH, you will see 8
full pages of discussion (which is far more than for almost all other DRs),
broken down by the following postings:

2009-01-28 Okinawa meeting: [This was our first Face-to-face meeting]

Action: Shawn Villaron will produce a detailed proposal.

2009-03-24 Prague meeting:
Shawn Villaron made a presentation then lead a discussion on this.

2009-04-07 Alex Brown:
2009-04-07 Shawn Villaron:
2009-04-07 Alex Brown:
2009-04-07 Makoto Murata:
2009-04-12 Makoto Murata:
2009-04-16 Teleconference: [This was our first teleconference]
2009-04-29 Gareth Horton:
2009-04-30 Jirka Kosek:
2009-04-30 Teleconference:
2009-05-14 Teleconference:
2009-05-28 Teleconference:
2009-06-11 Jesper Lund Stocholm:
2009-06-22/24 Copenhagen meeting:

It seems to me that a lot of time has been invested in this issue.

Rex

BTW, I already get too much email, so if you post to the whole WG4 list
there is no reason to also post to individual members of that list.