Custom XML on 4/8 WG4 Meeting

Alex Brown alexb at griffinbrown.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 11:17:38 CEST 2010

Dear Shawn, all,

I still think we need to deal with the issue of content defaulting while addressing these fixes, if only to say it is application dependent.

e.g.

"If, as a result of validation against a schema, the infoset of the extracted XML is modified, it is application-dependent whether these modifications are included in the extraction result."

This then makes this clear as an interop danger area.

And a minor point - we should not refer to this IS as "Open XML" ... that's for the marketing folks.

I will not be able to make the call on the 8th, as I will be on holiday.

- Alex.