Fw: RE: DR 09-0045 ― WML, Fonts: Character encodings of font names

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Thu Nov 4 04:27:49 CET 2010

Dear Caroline,

Thank you very much for the improvement of my unclear text.
In OOXML spec, we had ever replaced "Shift JIS" by IANA term
"Windows-31J", so I propose:

Font names stored using this element shall be specified in
the encoding specified by the Fonts part in its XML declaration;
the name of the font will be interpreted by the XML parser.
[Note: UTF-8 is not supported for font names within OpenType fonts,
and is not always supported for file names in file systems.
For example, older Japanese versions of Microsoft Windows use
Windows-31J for filenames. To use extant font names in the
values of this attribute, they should be converted to the
character encoding appropriate for this standard and copying
raw byte sequences from font files should be avoided. end note]

Francis, is this acceptable?

Regards,
suzuki toshiya, Hiroshima University, Japan