FW: Q re XML Schema Licensing and standards that contain XML schemas

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Fri Nov 5 17:54:15 CET 2010

I mentioned this action item on the teleconference today.

Rex

From: GEHRING Holger [mailto:GEHRING at iso.org]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 12:05 PM
To: Jaeschke Rex Mr.
Cc: BRANNON Keith; COOK Richard
Subject: RE: Q re XML Schema Licensing and standards that contain XML
schemas

Dear Rex,

Could you please clarify your request.

To my knowledge the license statement you refer to is exactly the one that
is included in ISO/IEC 29500. In the license statement itself it is referred
to ISO/IEC 29500. Why does the DR then state that there is no license
statement  in the standard and that the "default license" of JTC1  does not
fit. To my knowledge JTC1 does not use this license statement as a default
license statement.

Best wishes

Holger

Holger Gehring