DR 10-0035 — MCE: Dropping preserveElements and preserveAttributes

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Fri Nov 12 02:06:08 CET 2010

http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2010/DR-10-0035.docx

This DR covers removal of the preserveElements and preserveAttributes attributes from MCE. These are not implemented by anyone, and are not specified in such a way as to be easily implementable.

I don't think anyone is in disagreement here; I've written up the changes necessary to Part 3. I'd appreciate some review of this partly because there were several references to the attributes, and they were used in several examples. There are 17 pages of changes to remove them.

I think this seems like one that would be worth discussing in person in Beijing, just to make sure we're making the exact correct changes.