DR 10-0035 ? MCE: Dropping preserveElements and preserveAttributes

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Nov 12 02:41:42 CET 2010

Chris,

I believe that we need more than your proposed changes.  For example, I
think that markup editors should also be dropped since they are only for
introducing preservation.  See my mail "Experiment: Revising Part 3"

http://mailman.vse.cz/pipermail/sc34wg4/2010-October/001812.html

I still think that the best way to address this DR together with other
far-reaching DRs (namespace subsumption and application-defined
extension elements) is revision rather than CORs.