rsid* attributes

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Mon Nov 22 20:00:47 CET 2010

I've actually already written up the DR and suggested that Ecma submit it. I think that the wording that already existed in the standard in the following paragraph looked like it satisfactorily covered the answer:

--
All rsid* attributes throughout this document with the same value, if present, shall indicate that those regions were modified during the same editing session (time between subsequent save actions).

A producer can choose to increment the revision save ID value to indicate subsequent editing sessions to indicate the order of the modifications relative to other modifications in this document.
--

The text is copy-pasted into each of the attributes, which isn't ideal, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it.