My proposal for DR 09-0282

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Tue Oct 12 14:44:22 CEST 2010

Folks,

I have an action item to write up a proposal for DR 09-0282, “OPC: Addition of extra type information”,

My basic idea is to use the combination of

	http://openxmlformats-officedocument.someml.document.main and application/xml

rather than

	application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.someml.document.main+xml.

By doing so, we do not have create lots of dedicated media types.

The rest is a sketch of required changes to Part 2.

Add

	9.1.2a Namespace Names

	When the content type of a part is application/xml, this part may have
	a namespace name as specified in Namespaces in XML 1.0.

In 9.1.4 XML Usage, add the 6th bullet:

	When a part of the media type application/xml has an associated namespace
	name, it shall be identical to the namespace of the root element of this XML content.
	Consumers may use the associated namespace name as the namespace of the root
	element of this XML content.

	Note: Namespace names combined with application/xml makes dedicated content types
	unnecessary.  For example, the combination of
	http://openxmlformats-officedocument.someml.document.main and application/xml
	can be used instead of a dedicated content type
	application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.someml.document.main+xml.

Add
	10.1.2.1a  Identifying the Part Namespace Name

In 10.1.2.2.2  Default Element, add

	NamespaceName	xsd:anyURI optional ....

In 10.1.2.2.3  Override Element , add

	NamespaceName	xsd:anyURI optional ....