DR 09-0099 - SML: No Normative References or Definitions for "MDX" and "OLAP"

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Wed Oct 13 23:49:24 CEST 2010

So how do these new terms interact with these existing terms?

behavior, implementation-defined - Unspecified behavior where each
implementation is expected to document that behavior, which would thereby
promote predictability and reproducibility within any given implementation.
(This term is sometimes called "application-defined behavior".)

behavior, unspecified -Behavior where ISO/IEC 29500 makes no
recommendations. [Note: To add an extension, an implementer must use the
extensibility mechanisms described by ISO/IEC 29500 rather than trying to do
so by giving meaning to otherwise unspecified behavior. end note]