Conference call tomorrow - please upgrade Live Meeting clients

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 14 03:40:11 CEST 2010

Hi all - I'm sorry about the last-minute notice here, but Microsofties are having their Live Meeting clients switched to a different version of the service, and I was hit with this today. This means that any meetings I've set up may require participants to have a new Live Meeting client installed.

To view the Live Meeting portion of tomorrow's WG4 call, you may have to upgrade your Live Meeting client. I can't exactly tell what makes a person special in this regard - Francis is special, but neither Rex nor my wife are - but to be on the safe side you may want to check. You can do this by just attempting to join the meeting (any time you like) - the link to join is in the meeting invite, but is:

meet:sip:chrisrae at microsoft.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:f808b97a4a8b4320954f86423a743bf2%3Fconf-key=4453

if it prompts you to download and install a new Live Meeting client, please do - it looks like this will take somewhere around 20 minutes.

Once we get into DRs tomorrow I'll try to run things so that the Live Meeting isn't essential - you can view the DR log online at http://www.29500sc34comments.org.

Sorry again for the late notice.