DR 09-0040: WML/DML: Complex scripts

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Tue Oct 26 10:26:37 CEST 2010

Chris Rae wrote:

> This DR is asking when exactly the various different script-mandating
> tags are used inside runs of text in WordprocessingML. I've dug up
> the algorithm for this and I think the best place to put it is next
> to where the Run is defined. Proposed changes are attached.

Thanks Chris. Thats's interesting algorithm, but I bet we can't improve
it as we are just describing existing behaviour. ;-)

I think it would be better to reference Unicode characters using U+XXXX
notation, not just by XX. U+XXXX notation is used elsewhere in the
standard. Also when referencing language (eg. Chinese Traditional) it
would be useful to add BCP47 language code to this reference to make
language reference unambiguous.

			Jirka

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz