=?Windows-1252?Q?RE:_DR_09-0061_=97_Shared_MLs, _Shared_Simple_Types:_Cons?= train ST_Panose value set

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 26 23:24:50 CEST 2010

I may have spoken too soon on this one. It would appear there are some values which are acceptable according to the Panose spec which this RegExp does not regard as valid. For example, 05000000000000000000. This seems to be valid according to section 1.5 of the Panose spec (http://www.panose.com/ProductsServices/pan1.aspx) but doesn't match this RegEx. I've pasted the section below.

Suzuki-san - is there a chance you could check that I'm right in this assertion?

Panose: 1.5 Digit values of 0 and 1
The reader will notice that the value 0 and 1 are defined as Any and No Fit for every digit in the PANOSE system. These have specific meanings to the mapper. 0 means match that digit with any available digit. This allows the mapper to handle distortable typefaces such as multiple master fonts in which, for example, weights may be variable or serifs may change. 1 means that the item being classified does not fit within the present system. There are two possible causes of this. First is that there has been no work done on that family of faces, for example at the present time an Arabic cursive font would have the PANOSE number 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 as there has as yet been no work done on Arabic fonts.