DR 09-0167 ? SML: Embedded Control Persistence Part Media Type

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 28 23:55:43 CEST 2010

I think it would be a little strange to normatively document ActiveX in IS 29500. The intent of this element is to allow for application-specific controls to be embedded, and I don't think it will be popular if we steer people towards implementing ActiveX but not any other embedding technologies.

The right place for this info is inside each vendor's Implementer Notes - for this particular one, it's inside MS-OI29500.pdf (on MSDN at http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/4/8/24862317-78F0-4C4B-B355-C7B2C1D997DB/%5BMS-OI29500%5D.pdf), with the bulk of the info, including schema, appearing in section 6 (page 729).