Spaces and %HH in part names

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 28 20:40:47 CEST 2011

I did a bit of investigation after the call, and it would appear that MS Office will not open a file which contains a part name with spaces in it, and will certainly not create one. LibreOffice opened my sample file (perhaps this is a due to ODF permitting spaces?) but resaved it without the spaces. Given that they're also precluded by the BNF, I think this means we can safely say that nobody's using them. A sample file is attached in case anyone wants to test it elsewhere.

Murata-san - do you happen to have the EPUB wording for recommending ASCII? I think I'll make the initial steps of writing up the necessary changes to Part 2.