XML security from W3C

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Aug 20 11:31:48 CEST 2011

Dear colleagues,

OPC now uses XML-Signature Syntax and Processing, W3C Recommendation, 12
February 2002.  But new versions and new supplentary specs have been
published.

We should at least migrate to

[XMLDSIG-CORE]
Joseph Reagle; et al. XML Signature Syntax and Processing (Second Edition). 10 June 2008.
W3C Recommendation. URL: http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xmldsig-core-20080610

and

[XMLDSIG-CORE1]
D. Eastlake, J. Reagle, D. Solo, F. Hirsch, T. Roessler, K. Yiu.
XML Signature Syntax and Processing Version 1.1. 3 March 2011.
W3C Candidate Recommendation. (Work in progress.) URL:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/CR-xmldsig-core1-20110303/

Probably, we should also use

[XMLDSIG-PROPERTIES]
Frederick Hirsch. XML Signature Properties. 3 March 2011. W3C Candidate Recommendation. (Work in progress.)

[XMLDSIG-XPATH-FILTER2]
Merlin Hughes; John Boyer; Joseph Reagle. XML-Signature XPath Filter 2.0. 8 November 2002.
W3C Recommendation. URL:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-xmldsig-filter2-20021108/

If  we introduce encryption to OPC, we need more.

[XMLENC-CORE]
Donald Eastlake; Joseph Reagle. XML Encryption Syntax and Processing. 10 December 2002. W3C Recommendation.

[XMLENC-CORE1]
J. Reagle; D. Eastlake; F. Hirsch; T. Roessler. XML Encryption Syntax and Processing Version 1.1. 3 March 2011.
W3C Candidate Recommendation. (Work in progress.) URL:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/CR-xmlenc-core1-20110303/

[XMLSEC-GHCIPHERS]
Magnus Nystrom; Frederick Hirsch. XML Security Generic Hybrid Ciphers. 3 March 2011.
W3C Candidate Recommendation. (Work in progress.) URL:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/CR-xmlsec-generic-hybrid-20110303/