Sketch of ISO/IEC 30114-2 Information Technology -- Extensions of Office Open XML File Formats -- Character repertoire checking

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Aug 25 09:35:27 CEST 2011

Shawn,

Thanks for your clarification.  Nothing in OOXML require that editors
preserve children of extLsts.  Meanwhile, the (currently non-normative)
processing model of MCE requires that ignorable elements or attributes
are thrown away when they are not understood.

Are there any guidelines for choosing one of extLst, ignorable elem/att,
and alternate content blocks?