DR 10-0048 — OPC: Processing model for handling ZIP encryption

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 16 02:15:22 CET 2011

http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2010/DR-10-0048.docx

This DR covers some odd wording around "ignoring" encryption features of ZIP that can't really be ignored. I've had a chat with some people here and I think the statement made in the DR is correct - this bit cannot be ignored. Given that IS 29500 doesn't support encryption within the standard, I think the best solution is to mark this bit as "currently unused" (the wording used in other flags which aren't supported by Part 2) and state that it will not be preserved on round-trip, as a file that's encrypted cannot be round-tripped.

Proposed changes are attached.